Institute of Historical Echoes by Designing Excellence
Workshop April 25 and 26, 2019
Institute registration open for Spring, April 25 and 26, 2019.Two-day workshop $350. early bird until April 1, then $400. Registration includes workbook, standard coaching psychological assessments (listening, personality, emotional intelligence, and creativity), lectures, discussions, practices, and reflections to maximize the historical story telling, performance skills of Emerging Professional first-person performers.
To register, please use our secure checkout page.
While it is the hope to provide scholarly and experiential guidance, no one person can know or experience everything required in the work to create and support you in this important, first step to becoming an Emerging professional historical performer.
As an overview of the course, you will:
- Develop and refine the historical perspectives of historical storytelling skills.
- Practice the relationship and expression of the storytelling triangle.
- Practice the power of void and body language through character performance.
- Develop memory with visualization and story board skills.
- Commit to ethical responsibilities for authentic storytelling, of historical personalities.
In this course you will:
- Develop appreciation of the interactive community of the overall Storytelling genres.
- Develop awareness of interactive communication, personal responsibility, and practical control of an emotional power between the audience, storyteller, and the story.
- Become sensitized to the ethics of researching and telling historical stories with a responsibility to channel the real emotions of the lives as lived in history.
- Develop deliberate flexibility in the performance as read in the audience responses.
- Evaluate, compare, and contrast the personality of the designated character with the student's own personality factors to best create the authentic channeling performance.
- Develop diverse communication perspectives relevant to the historical time period evidenced appropriately for audiences.
- Develop personal confidence in performing or channeling the character by preparation, practice, assessments, and continued learning.